Want to set yourself a challenge? Think you are tough? The Bike Affair along with Hyderabad Runners presents the Hyderabad Duathlon for the athlete in you. Be there to get your bragging rights.
What is a Duathlon ?
As per Wikipedia, "Duathlon is an athletic event that consists of a running leg, followed by a cycling leg and then another running leg in a format bearing some resemblance to triathlons." In simpler words, A duathlon is like a triathlon without the swimming, involving two disciplines – running and cycling and three stages (run-bike-run). The distances of each activity vary according to the challenge entered.
Event Format : 5.5 km of run, 30 km bike ride, 3 km run. The clock doesn’t stop till you finish your last run. This is a race and ranking would be published after the event is over.
Venue : Gachibowli stadium, 5.30 am this Sunday(28th April 2013)
Registration fee : Rs 200/rider. Can be submitted at TBA,Kondaour before 27th April 2013 or at the venue at 28April, 5 am.
Things to Get Along :
1. Bicycle in Good working condition.
2. Running/cycling shoes.
3. Water Bottle
4. Energy drink and energy bars for you during the event
1. Mass start - everyone starts together.
2.Timing : The clock stops only when you finish your second run. Your time is going to be the full time from the start to the moment you finish the race. So , transition time between running and cycling and then from cycling to running is going to be a key part of our timing.
3. Categories - only 2 , men and women.
4. Drafting is not allowed during cycling - you are not allowed to ride closer than 5. Meters to the rider in front of you. When you want to overtake, be in a different lane.
5. Follow the rules of the road - the roads are not blocked and there is traffic. Ride carefully, keep to the left of the road at all times.
6. Helmet is a must! rider without a helmet is not allowed to participate.
7. Water - Bottles drinking water would be provided at the start point of both the runs as well as the ride. You are advised to carry your own bottles during the ride.